ABOUT THE ROLE
The TI Secretariat is currently seeking a Regional Coordinator, Asia to join the Global Movement Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Regional Coordinator, Asia implements activities and new initiatives aimed at strengthening TI’s presence, reputation and impact in assigned countries for which they are the primary TI-S contact. The Regional Coordinator supports National Chapters’ work at national level, monitors political developments and reputational risks, coordinates capacity development interventions, and helps to ensure implementation of the TI global strategy, accreditation process and governance principles.
Team: Global Movement
Reporting Line: Head of Global Movement
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 40,000.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited until December 2023.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with extensive international travel
Job ID: TIS-RCASIA-2021
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Global Movement Team and reporting to the Head of Global Movement, the Regional Coordinator, Asia will:
- Stay abreast of the political situation and anti-corruption developments in the region to respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders, and act as focal point for the assigned portfolio of countries
- Promote and support all aspects of governance, capacity development, citizen engagement, knowledge exchange and joint initiatives in the assigned Chapters, including both the overseeing and management of regional projects and/or programmes and National Chapter’s own initiatives in these areas
- Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders
- Coordinate the work and information flow between relevant teams of the TI Secretariat and respective National Chapters in the Asia region (e.g. in accreditation processes and campaigns)
- Work closely with Project Managers, Advocacy Leads and Regional Advisors to build and sustain National Chapters’ ownership of and participation in projects and activities in which they engage with the purpose of maximizing impact
- Coordinate the organisation of institutional meetings and events incl. preparing documentation before and after events
- Support the National Chapters’ national level advocacy work, the design and implementation of regional strategies (Asia) and the mainstreaming of the Movement global strategy in the region
- Identify, assess and develop potential new TI Chapters and partners (if required)
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Global Movement Team providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, journalism, international law, management, economics or another relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with an International NGO or International Organisation with in-depth knowledge and experience in the Asia region, working on issues of good governance, public sector reforms, social development, international development, institutional capacity development and/or related issues
- First-hand knowledge and understanding of the Asia political context, historical, cultural and social processes and the role of relevant forums, with direct work experience of East and Southeast Asia a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption and ability to represent the organisation to external stakeholders; advanced skills in policy and political analysis
- Demonstrated track record of facilitative, collaborative relationship management with partners to drive a culture of collaboration and mutual ownership, along with a natural ability to network and build successful and lasting relationships
- Experience in capacity development, fundraising, and network coordination an advantage
- Knowledge of project management, including financial management and monitoring and evaluation, an advantage
- Demonstrated past engagement in processes that resulted in, or contributed to, positive changes in local organisations an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and deliver to tight deadlines, including ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities
- Excellent communication and networking skills with the ability to engage multi-stakeholders, make use of prior contacts and networks, stimulate and shape partnerships, networks and coalitions
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team, combined with a good sense of when to seek counsel
- Highly developed team work and intercultural communication skills, particularly at distance communication
- Pragmatic, flexible approach in response to challenges, and readiness to offer practical support
- Professional language proficiency in English required; additional relevant languages an asset
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
- Willingness to travel
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- regular staff social events
- organisational membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 24 October 2021.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.