ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking an HR Manager/Advisor to join the Human Resources Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The HR Manager/Advisor will play a central role in overseeing the delivery of HR project activity associated with organisational change programmes in the areas of Organisational and Personal Development, Talent Management (incl. Talent Acquisition) and Performance Management as well as Reward. Working closely with the HR team, the role will blend both knowledge of HR process and best practice with a clear understanding of the project management discipline. The role will also play an integral part in ensuring the management, analysis and communication of key people data and management information.
Team: Human Resources
Reporting Line: Head of Human Resources
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF3 a salary starting EUR 53,000.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job ID: TIS-HRT-HMA-2021
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Advisor/Manager will:
- Take responsibility for HR processes, policies and standard operating procedures; keep abreast of industry changes and ensure they continue to meet the needs of the organisation, and recommend changes and adjust as needed
- Plan, oversee and lead the development and implementation of HR plans, strategies and projects, ensuring they meet organisational objectives
- Ensure continuous evaluation and improvement of all HR related processes in line with the organisational strategy and structure and related needs and required changes
- Assist in strategic HR planning to design strategic direction with staff development opportunities and talent acquisition measures
- Devise and own HR project plans ensuring key milestones are identified and communicated to key stakeholders
- Work with the HR and Management team to ensure the delivery of key HR project milestones on time and within budget, resource and policy; tracking and monitoring progress and escalating risks where appropriate
- Update key HR policies, such as e.g. the employee handbook, the job evaluation and performance management and recruitment and selection policies, and implementing the communication and training plan with the HR team and managers in the organisation
- Ensure the management, analysis and communication of key people data and management information
- Support the HR team to build frameworks to plan and manage the process of continuous improvement including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and options to mitigate
- Act as an internal subject matter expert for HR policies/frameworks and maintain a strong and successful working relationship with the Works Council supporting an environment that attends the needs of the organisation
- Contribute to the efficient and effective running of day-to-day HR operations supporting administrative tasks as needed
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, social science, economics, or another relevant field; project management qualification an asset
- 7+ years of relevant progressively responsible professional experience preferably including experience designing and implementing major HR projects
- Experience with international organisations and multi-cultural work environments an advantage, with a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity and demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Solid HR generalist knowledge, in particular of HR policies/frameworks
- Expertise in monitoring and evaluation and organisational/capacity development an advantage
- Project management skills (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
- Strong organisational skills with a focus on delivery and results and the ability to deliver under pressure and to strict deadlines, able to effectively manage multiple tasks across a wide range of issues
- Strong analytical, convening and consultative skills to capture and implement the organisation’s needs
- Effective and clear communication style and a constructive and collaborative approach with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English (working language of the organisation) essential; additional languages, especially German, an asset
- Interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- regular staff social events
- organisational membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application as well as salary expectations) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: