ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking an HR Associate to join the Human Resources Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: As part of a small team providing human resources support to the TI Secretariat (TI-S) with approximately 110 international staff, the HR Associate performs a variety of HR tasks arising on a day-to-day basis, including preparation of the monthly payroll process as well as overall HR administration. The HR Associate is contact person for new and existing staff members providing information, support and guidance in all HR administrative matters and ensures the accurate recording of all relevant information and documents.
Team: Human Resources
Reporting Line: Head of Human Resources
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 a salary starting EUR 33,500.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job ID: TIS-HR-HRA-2021
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Human Resources Team and reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Associate will:
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the HR function and other internal teams ensuring process integrity
- Proactively support day-to-day HR operations ensuring consistency with processes and procedures
- Prepare and process the monthly payroll with an external service provider
- Inform, advise and assist staff members in payroll and HR administrative related matters including maternity and parental leave
- Issue and administer contracts, works council hearings, official statements, references, insurance applications and claims, etc. in line with official deadlines and legal requirements
- Conduct HR induction for new staff members and support the onboarding process with all relevant information regarding legal and administrative requirements for living and working in Germany
- Support the coordination and processing of all issues related to ‘place of work’ outside of Germany (e.g. secondments)
- Provide assistance in the process of applying for work visa/permits and extension thereof
- Ensure processes are up to date and meet the needs of the team suggesting improvements where necessary
- Administer and maintain staff records in HR files and other systems ensuring all data is accurate and up to date
- Respond to requests for information, researching in order to provide sufficient responses or escalating where needed
- Support HR related projects including e.g. policies, guidelines, procedures and their implementation
- Support the organisation of HR events including trainings
- Update and prepare HR statistical data
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support as needed
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- Completed qualification (e.g. apprenticeship, vocational education) in a relevant field
- 2+ years of professional experience in HR administration and related tasks
- Solid knowledge of the German Labour Law, social security, and payroll required
- Experience with international organisations and multi-cultural work environments an advantage
- Familiarity with issues related to global mobility (incl. secondments) an advantage
- Prior exposure to issues related to health and safety (e.g. as Health and Safety Delegate) an asset
- Professional language proficiency (written and spoken) in both English (working language of the organisation) and German essential
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and external partners, service providers and other institutions
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle confidential information
- People and service oriented attitude and intercultural awareness
- Commitment to the values of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- regular staff social events
- organisational membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application as well as salary expectations) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: