ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Temp Assistant Graphic Designer. This position supports the design of TI marketing products, both online and print, producing data visualizations, infographics, and key design materials. They work supervised by the Head of Communications and in close collaboration with the rest of the Communications team to maintain the overall look and feel of graphic design standards across TI-S and the TI Movement.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Reporting Line: Head of Communications
Band: Midi Job
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of six months
Working Hours: part time, 113 hours monthly
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin
Job ID: TIS-MidiComs-1221
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team, the Temp Assistant will:
- Conceptualize and design all types of online materials such as infographics, social media, banners, email templates and other content that communicates TI work and key messages in a visually compelling and engaging style
- Work on the UX and UI of small to large scale digital products, create brand identities and communication concepts – depending on your skillset and interests.
- Maintain TI visual identity graphical and design standards to ensure consistency and TI brand protection.
- Maintain the design materials and templates for use by TI Secretariat and TI National Chapters.
- Support the creation of key TI print and marketing products, including publications, posters, flyers, etc.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of design materials and templates for use by TI Secretariat and TI National Chapters
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and technologies
In order to succeed in this role
- You are studying or studied communication and/or interactions design or bring a similar experience
- You have a basic knowledge and great interest in visual design and/or UX/UI
- You are familiar with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and other prototyping tools
- You are a dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with little supervision, with a thorough eye for detail
- You have an interest in corruption, development issues and international affairs.
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- organisational access to the employee assistance programme PME offering support in various areas incl. well-being
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 19. January 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.