ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Communications & Public Relation Associate for the International Anti-Corruption Conference.
TI is the Secretariat to the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC). Held usually every two years in a different part of the world, the Conference is the world’s most important event for all who are committed to the fight against corruption. In its last edition (virtual) it brought together more than 10.5 thousand participants from more than 170 countries, ranging from heads of state and international organizations to leaders from the private sector and civil society. The conference is a vibrant and proactive platform for innovation and change. Now in its 20th edition, the next IACC is planned to take place during Autumn 2022. The IACC is also home to a number of Game Changing Initiatives involving filmmakers, journalists, social entrepreneurs and musicians - all of whom are committed to fight for social justice.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The IACC Series Communications & Public Relations Associate supports the objectives of the Conference and its initiatives, effectively engaging an increasing number of target audiences, including through maintaining the IACC websites and social media tools, promoting the event and its initiative, as well as securing high level speakers for the event. Key tasks supporting the IACC operations include VIP/speaker hospitality, budget administration and supporting the IACC reporting and controlling mechanisms.
Reporting Line: Head of Fundraising
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 salary starting EUR 33,500.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible (subject to funding)
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 1 year
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with occasional international travel as needed
Job ID: TIS-IACC-1221
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Fundraising Team, the IACC Series Communications & Public Relations Associate will:
- Coordinate IACC communications including websites, the 20th IACC virtual platform profiling and campaigning through social media, newsletters, as well as marketing and promotion of the IACC initiatives in close collaboration with the TI-S Communications team.
- Coordinate international outreach to specific target groups.
- Coordinate the design of partnership, funding or hosting briefs.
- Manage the VIP invitation tracking system, create invitations and coordinate their travel/hospitality.
- Support in the roll-out of the IACC initiatives
- Support during the running of the Conference (on the spot) and coordinate the PR related follow up.
- Support with administration of the workshop participation fund and relevant reimbursements or reporting.
- Assist with donor & financial reporting.
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in communications, journalism, business administration, social sciences or other relevant fields
- 2+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO, International Organisation or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated experience in communications, campaigning, public relations and event management
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken); proficiency in other languages – in particular French and/or Spanish – an advantage
- Knowledge of social media tools, Wordpress, Premiere, and Photo Shop an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple demands and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- High level of initiative with strong problem-solving skills facing challenges
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
- Willingness to travel
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- organisational access to the employee assistance programme PME offering support in various areas incl. well-being
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 25. January 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.