ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking an Internal Communications Officer to join the Communications team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Internal Communications Officer supports our internal communications within the TI secretariat and our movement using our central Microsoft 365 platform.
Team: Communications Team
Reporting Line: Internal Communications Lead
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 a salary starting EUR 35,175 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time (40 hours/week)
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with no international travel
Job ID: TIS-INTCOMOF-2022-03
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team and reporting to the Internal Communications Lead the Internal Communications Coordinator will:
- Assess the current internal knowledge management at TI, support the set up and deliver effective internal knowledge management framework, processes and workflows enabling our 2000+ colleagues around the world to share knowledge and expertise in delivering the TI strategy
- Manage TI’s intranet and support key stakeholders in the curation of the TI Strategy Hub
- Connect and engage TI colleagues using Yammer communities. Advice, train and guide Yammer Communities leads in nurturing thriving online communities of interest across the global TI network
- Measure and report on performance of internal communication against goals (KPIs and ROI)
- Organise, support and manage internal stakeholder events, which can be digital, in-person or hybrid
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operational internal communications work as required
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- 2+ years’ experience in developing and managing Content Management Systems (intranet) in an international organizational context working on internal communication, knowledge management, community management, or related
- Technical expertise in managing complex internal digital workplaces
- Experience in using analytics and measurement to improve internal communication channels and campaigns
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing internal communications strategies to nurture online communities and make them thrive
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 Suite highly desirable
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively across stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, with business fluency in English required; additional languages, in particular French, Spanish and/or Arabic, an asset
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks under tight deadlines
- Interest in anti-corruption work and commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International with a high level of motivation and drive to help build and shape the organization, structures and processes
- Creative, positive, can-do attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work
of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues who are experts in the field of anti-corruption - driven by the desire to fight corruption
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application as well as salary expectations) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 18th of April 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.