ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Design and Brand Coordinator to join the Communications Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Graphic Designer leads the design of TI marketing products, both online and print, producing key design materials and coordinating the overall look and feel and quality assurance of graphic design standards across TI-S and the TI Movement.
Team: Communications Team
Reporting Line: Head of Communications
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42,000 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with no international travel.
Job ID: TIS-COMMS-DEBRCOOR-2022-03
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team and reporting to the Head of Communications, the Design and Brand Coordinator will:
- Conceptualize and design all types of online materials such as infographics, social media, banners, email templates and other content that communicates TI work and key messages in a visually compelling and engaging style
- Manage the design and U/I components of major web and technology dependent communications development projects
- Supervise the work of external designers and printers, ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to expected quality
- Maintain, revise and implement TI visual identity graphical and design standards to ensure consistency and TI brand protection
- Structured, reliable, flexible and highly articulate
- Oversee the development and maintenance of design materials and templates for use by TI Secretariat and TI National Chapters
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and technologies
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in communications, arts, design or another relevant field
- 5+ years practical experience in design work in industry or with an agency
- Proven track record of producing visually impactful designs, both online and print
- Expert use of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator, and other prototyping tools
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision, with a thorough eye for detail
- Structured, reliable, flexible and highly articulate
- Additional languages, in particular Arabic, Spanish and/or French, desirable
- Knowledge of and interest in corruption, development issues and international affairs
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work
of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues who are experts in the field of anti-corruption - driven by the desire to fight corruption
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application as well as salary expectations) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 18th of April 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.