ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is seeking a Office Management Coordinator to join the Office Management Team/Human Resource Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Office Management Coordinator coordinates the work processes of the Office Management Team and manages the smooth operation of all office facilities, office equipment, furniture and storage space of the TI Secretariat (approx. 120 staff) and staff events including but not limited to induction. The Office Management Coordinator coordinates the effective functioning of office resources and operations and helps to ensure that mandatory health & safety standards are consistently being met.
Team: Human Resources (Office Management)
Reporting Line: Head of Human Resources
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42.000 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible, latest May 2022
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job ID: TIS-OMC-032022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Office Management Team and reporting to the Head of HR/Head of People & Culture, the OM Coordinator will:
- Effectively coordinate the work processes of the Office Management Team and monitor the facilities budget and operations
- Plan and prioritise the different areas requiring office management support, and determine how best to proceed in each case and coordinate resource allocation within the team
- Supervise the inventory and functioning of TI-S office supplies, furniture, and non-ICT equipment
- Manage the functioning and maintenance of TI-S office facilities ensuring effective insurance arrangements are in place and compliance requirements for insurance coverage are fully met
- Maintain a welcoming ambience and hygiene standards and cover for other office management staff as needed (Ex. Reception, Switchboard, etc)
- Support the Health & Safety Delegate to ensure that mandatory health & safety standards (including Covid measures) are consistently being met and support the maintenance of a healthy work environment
- Provide support to TI-S staff on all issues related to facilities usage and other office management matters
- Support and/or coordinate TI-S events (incl. workshops, meetings, induction, events etc.)
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- Professional qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Facility Management, Industrial Business Management or similar)
- 5+ years of relevant practical experience with demonstrated in-depth knowledge in administration, management or related fields
- Experience in project management (incl. planning, budgeting, implementation, review)
- Professional language proficiency in both English (working language of the organization) and German are a must. The interviews will be conducted in English and German.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills with a pragmatic and hands-on approach and a high level of flexibility and adaptability with the willingness to carry out manual work as needed
- Strong team orientation and ability to provide effective coordination of work processes of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- High level of intercultural awareness, diplomacy and political sensitivity and ability to handle sensitive information
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Interest in anti-corruption work and commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website https://www.transparency.org/en/career-tender-opportunities clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 20. July 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.