ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking an IT System Administrator to join the Technology Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Maintanence of the technical and operational efficiency of TI-S software and hardware and provision of user support to both staff of the TI Secretariat (approx. 120 users) and National Chapters of the TI Movement (approx. 2000 clients globally).
Team: Technology Team
Reporting Line: Head of Technology
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting 42.000 Euro gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an engagement limited to a period of two years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organizational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job ID: TIS-TT-ITC-2022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Technology Team and reporting to the IT Manager, the IT System Administrator will:
- Develop, maintain and implement IT systems that include workflows, processes, controls and documentation
- Develop, coordinate and optimise the technical infrastructure of TI-S including user guidance on technical procedures, templates and systems supporting the effective functioning and usage of installed technology
- Manage user hardware and software installation and upgrades
- Administer server and other infrastructure software and hardware
- Maintain backups in line with the backup policy to ensure data availability and integrity
- Troubleshoot to identify technology functioning/usage problems and implement user-friendly solutions
- Retire legacy on-premise services in favour of cloud-based solutions
- Ensure IT work deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant experts where necessary
- Respond to internal IT requests, analysing and providing solutions in a timely manner; providing user support to both Transparency International Secretariat staff (approx. 120 users) and National Chapters of the Transparency International Movement ( 2000 clients globally)
- Coordinate and/or contribute to IT team projects and provide input on the development of strategies, policies and procedures, taking into account best practice
- Escalate issues to third-party service providers where necessary and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers
- Support information management for the team, including maintaining up to date, organized and accurate documentation systems
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary in close consultation with the IT Manager
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- Relevant ICT degree and/or equivalent professional qualification/s
- 5+ years of relevant work experience servicing the information systems needs of a medium size, preferably international, organisation
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 & Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated experience with network architecture and administration
- Demonstrated experience of administration of Windows servers (Windows Server 2016) and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell.
- Experience working with ITSM tools like SpiceWorks.
- Familiarity with the ITIL framework of best practice for IT Service Management
- Knowledge of information security and business continuity/disaster recovery an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to diagnose and resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ICT matters to individuals with diverse backgrounds
- High degree of service orientation and ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Professional language proficiency in English; additional languages, in particular German, French or Spanish, an asset
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues, experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer & winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 11th May 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: