ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional individual to support our SAFE function. Through SAFE (Safeguarding Anticorruption Fighters’ Efforts), Transparency International strives to minimise and manage security risks for its Secretariat and National Chapters. The Security Coordinator, working alongside the Global Security Manager, will serve as focal point on security related matters at TI Movement level. They will contribute to all aspects of SAFE, including incident response and crisis management, capacity building, and the development, implementation and monitoring of security policies and processes.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Provide security support to the TI Movement
Team: CEO Office
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42.000 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Reporting Line: Global Security Manager
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited to 12 months. There is a prospect of extension subject to funding and performance proven.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany, with some international travel
Job ID: TIS-SAFE-042022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the CEO Team and reporting to the Global Security Manager, the Security Coordinator will:
- Serve as the secondary focal point for security for staff at the TI Secretariat and for our National Chapters, alongside the Global Security Manager
- Contribute to incident response and crisis management efforts
- Contribute to building capacity for security in National Chapters
- Support the development, implementation, monitoring and updating of security policies and documentation
- Coordinate with the Technology team on issues regarding information security and digital security
- Contribute to the communications rapid response unit which develops responses to incidents in the form of statements and press releases
- Monitor local and regional security conditions, liaise and coordinate with the Movement team, National Chapters and other partners in affected countries
- Support travel risk management
- In coordination with the Fundraising team, contribute to funding applications, implement grants and report to funders
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent education in a relevant topic; additional professional certification in security or risk management is an advantage
- NGO or civil society security experience – a plus if related to advocacy, journalism or human rights
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in security and protection
- Experience delivering capacity building in security
- Experience in risk analysis in geographies such as Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East an advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses to such emergencies
- Understanding of digital security issues; technical expertise on digital security is an advantage
- Understanding of civic space issues and how they translate into security risks; policy or advocacy experience on civic space is an advantage
- Strong communication skills required for conveying complex issues to laypersons, operational decision makers and external partners
- Written and spoken fluency in English, additional languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 2. June 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.