ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International (TI) Secretariat is currently seeking a Website and Online Communications Coordinator for its Communications Team. This role manages TI’s CMS, working closely with developers and TI teams to ensure the website meets the needs of its users and the organization, aligns with the organizational strategy, and builds brand awareness.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Website and Online Communications Coordinator manages TI’s CMS, working closely with developers and TI teams to ensure the website meets the needs of its users and the organization, aligns with the organizational strategy, and builds brand awareness.
Team: Communications Team
Reporting Line: Head of Communications
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42.000 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: Mid June 2022
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract for 2 years.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin / Germany
Job ID: TIS-WEBC-042022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team and reporting to the Head of Communications, the Website and Online Communications Coordinator will:
- Contribute to writing, editing, formatting, and populating content for the website and for various email products
- Ensure brand and tone consistency across website, email products, and Google Ads
- Develop and implement effective content strategies for the TI-S website that align with the organisational strategy, including by conducting regular content audits to advise the Communications team on relevant content opportunities
- Working closely with the Design and Brand Coordinator, review and improve the website’s UX and architecture as required to best meet users’ needs
- Monitor, assess, and report on channels’ performance to ensure that TI-S’ website, email products and Google Ads engage and contribute to grow TI-S’ target audiences
- Develop, test, implement and monitor the website’s on-page and off-page SEO strategy
- Monitor and optimise TI-S’ Google Ads account
- Lead on improvements in Pardot set-up and email marketing strategy, including content, flows, and templates of various email products
- Work closely with TI-S teams and Chapters to identify, source, develop and promote online content suited to the target audiences
- Develop content that represents the diversity of TI’s work and geographical presence by building internal networks and strong working relationships with TI teams
- Advise and support Fundraising teams in growing and nurturing TI-S’ individual giving donor base through digital projects and channels
- In collaboration with the IT Team, respond to and troubleshoot all website issues, identify and respond to all website security breaches, ensure that appropriate security measures are in place
- Oversee external contractors and vendors, in particular for front and backend development, balancing available budgets with strategic priorities
- Develop, maintain and enhance online style standards, ensuring content adheres to these guidelines
- Support and lead on web development projects for TI-S’ website
- Work closely with IT to advise TI-S teams on creation, hosting, migration and maintenance of digital tools other than TI-S’ website, taking into account users’ needs, TI-S’ strategy and brand, as well as security and reputational risks
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- University degree and/or similar professional qualification in a relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in website management and digital marketing with demonstrated knowledge of SEO and email marketing, and good understanding of branding, UX and PPC best practices
- HTML and CSS skills and experience with PHP-based CMS an advantage
- Experience with Pardot or other email marketing tools required
- Experience using Google Analytics and Google Search Console required. Experience using Google Ads as well as HotJar or other UX tools an advantage
- Advanced abilities in project management, liaising with web developers and users, and oversight of external consultants required
- Excellent analytical, writing, editorial and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and to work effectively under pressure
- English language skills to native level required; additional languages, in particular, Spanish, French, Arabic, and/or German an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues who are experts in the field of anti-corruption - driven by the desire to fight corruption
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with a shared, facilitative and inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 26. June 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.