ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Project Associate. As Transparency International’s project portfolio is expanding, the Project Associate will support the performance of new and ongoing multi-country projects focussing on anti-corruption research and advocacy.
A full-time Project Associate will work closely with colleagues from Global Movement, Research and Knowledge, Global Policy and Advocacy, Communications, and Finance teams, as well as TI National Chapters and partner organisations in the region to ensure delivery of projects on time, scope and budget
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Project administration support
Reporting Line: Head of Projects
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 salary starting EUR 35,175 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years, with the option of extension
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with occasional international travel as needed
Job ID: TIS-PA-042022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Projects Team, the Project Associate will:
- Proactively support day-to-day project implementation and ensure consistency with TI-S processes and procedures
- Support the organisation of events/meetings and related logistics; contribute to appropriate information management including preparing documentation before and after events
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the project and other internal teams (e.g. Finance, Communications, Research, Governance and Legal) ensuring process integrity, as well as coordinating regular updates within the team
- Support the preparation of project outputs, including narrative/accountability reports, trainings, events, presentations, publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
- Support information management, including maintaining up to date, organised and accurate filing systems and contact lists
- Support financial administration of the project (monitoring budgets, contracting support, organising funding transfers, reimbursements, invoices etc.)
- Respond to requests for information, researching in order to provide sufficient responses or escalating where needed
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, reports, etc.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in social sciences, administration, journalism, economics, management, or another relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant experience - preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation - working on administrative support, project management or related
- Experience in organising events with diverse international partners required
- Solid understanding of budget/financial management processes (working in collaboration with Project Accountants)
- Experience with donor funded projects (in particular European Commission) in the civil society field an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills; professional language proficiency in English; additional languages (e.g. French, Arabic) an asset
- Strong IT literacy, in particular MS Excel
- Demonstrated interest in good governance and corruption related issues and advocacy
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 2. June 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.