ABOUT THE ROLE
Transparency International is currently seeking a Fundraising Manager to join the Fundraising Team to lead on foundation and major giving in the US. The role will be US based (Washington D.C. or New York preferred) and will help develop and implement foundation and major giving plans across the US.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The purpose is to establish a strong foundation and major giving program in the US for TI.This is considered to be a key investment with the expectation of signficant growth in funds to support TI objectives. The Manager will work with the TI fundraising team to deliver a US fundraising plan and will be responsible for building and managing relationships with foundations and and high net worth individuals.
Team: Fundraising Team (TI US)
Reporting Line: Executive Director TI US
Salary and Benefits: Starting at $70,000 with generous benefits package
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Hours: full time
Location: US based (preference for Washington D.C. or New York)
Job ID: TI-US-Fundraising-2022
- Identify and develop foundation and individual major giving donors to the organization. Working with TI fundraising team and leadership, develop prospect lists, manage outreach and ensure appropriate follow up with donors and potential donors.
- Plan, oversee and manage the development and implementation of specific fundraising events and other outreach opportunities.
- Develop plans to diversify the organization’s donor base.
- Develop highly compelling content for the target donor groups including letters and proposals, finalize applications that persuasively communicate our vision, strategy, and programs to potential funders; solicit and integrate feedback from program, budget, and fundraising perspectives.
- Facilitate internal consultation processes to ensure TI have clear fundraising priorities and are focusing on those priorities.
- Contribute to other fundraising deliverables where appropriate
- representing TI to key stakeholders in the donor community
- negotiating with major donors to reach agreement on giving and commitments
- facilitate and engage TI leadership to meet with key stakeholders internally and externally
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree and/or professional qualification in fundraising, marketing, international relations, business administration, and/or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of professional experience in foundation and major giving fundraising with a demonstrated track record of success
- Proven experience on planning, target setting and delivery on fundraising goals
- A history of working collaboratively with others to achieve the best outcomes with our donors around strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and an ability to independently manage a portfolio of donors, while ensuring positive relationships with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to engage foundation leadership/senior staff, and to engage and work with the major donor community
- Flexible and adaptable to organizational priorities and developing needs
- Capable of working effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and impeccable presentation and writing skills, and preferably also an ability to draft proposals where appropriate
- Professional language proficiency in English (written and spoken) essential; additional languages, are welcome
- High level of intercultural awareness, diplomacy, and political sensitivity
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of Transparency International and the field of anti-corruption
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in English via the following link https://short.sg/j/18521666, clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’:
Closing date for applications is Sunday, June 12th 2022
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TI and TI US are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: