ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Project Manager, Country Projects Asia Pacific to join the Projects Team. The role is focused on implementing projects with national chapters and partners in the Asia Pacific region, particularly through the TI Indo Pacific Partnership STRONGG Programme 2020 – 23.
The TI IPP STRONGG Programme runs until December 2023, seeking to contribute to policy and behaviour change in the Asia Pacific region through both regional and national interventions coordinated at the TI Secretariat. It aims to support a strong anti-corruption civil society voice across the region, focusing on encouraging informed, engaged and active people and communities against corruption; responsive and accountable government institutions; and strong, independent and active TI anti-corruption voice in the region. At national level, the programme is implemented through the contribution of TI chapters and partners, who have designed multi-year projects contributing to the regional objectives. The country projects manager will support implementation of the programme in some 15 countries across the region, and may also be allocated responsibility for coordinating additional projects with partners in the region as needed and relevant.
The role requires a highly motivated professional with sound experience in project management, and a strong interest in good governance in Asia Pacific. The successful candidate will be offered a contract to the end of 2023, with extension subject to performance and available funding.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Project Manager, Country Projects Asia Pacific is responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of the Asia Pacific Regional Programme, coordinating the work flow, financial and administrative management of the project and ensuring that agreed goals, best practice standards, donor obligations and TI-S regulations are met relating to project implementation by TI-S and partners.
Reporting Line: Head of Projects
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42.000 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited until 31 December 2023.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Job ID: TIS-Projects-PMAP-2022
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Projects Team, the Project Manager, Country Projects Asia Pacific is responsible for coordinating country projects in Asia Pacific. They will work in close collaboration with other members of the Asia Pacific Team at TI S, who work across the Programmes and Movement Support Teams to implement the programme, and with project partners (National Chapters) in the region. Specifically, the Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate day-to-day project implementation of country projects in the Asia Pacific region with national chapters and partners in the region, including activity planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, ensuring that all phases are consistent with the design and delivery, internal processes and procedures and donor contractual obligations;
- Support the TI National Chapters in the Asia Pacific region implementing the Programme, to sustain ownership of the programme and monitor activities to ensure compliance with contracts and procedures and that work cycle quality controls are in place.
- Support project partners in efforts to monitor and evaluate project impact, plan advocacy interventions and communication/outreach activities, and share knowledge and experience across projects
- Ensure work deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant internal experts, where necessary
- Contribute to external communications and media work;
- Generate ideas and develop concept notes/proposals that are aligned with organizational priorities
- Coordinate the organization of meetings and events (incl. preparing documentation before and after events)
- Stay abreast of developments and be available to respond to on-demand needs by adapting work plans, if necessary
- Represent the Programme at relevant for as needed, and build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Projects Team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- 5+ years of project management experience, preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of project management best practices
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of good governance and anti-corruption desirable
- Experience in coordinating donor funded projects in the civil society field an advantage
- Experience with and/or a good understanding of capacity development concepts and processes an advantage;
- Experience in the development and communication of evidence-based advocacy messages an advantage;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Asia Pacific political context, historical, cultural and social processes an advantage
- Solid understanding of budget/financial management processes (working in collaboration with Project Accountants)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication in English;
- Strong communication, team work and intercultural competence, diplomacy, and political sensitivity, particularly at distance communication
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Results-driven and resilient self-starter, highly motivated to contribute to the success of the programme and with the capacity to flourish when responding to complex and competing demands;
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 06. July 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.