ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join the People and Culture Team.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: As part of a small team providing human resources support to TI Secretariat (TI-S) with approximately 110 international staff, the HR business Partner will be responsible for partnering with team/s to implement HR programs and initiatives in line with HR strategy. You will become a coach and mentor to the team/s. You will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including administering benefits, and leave, and guard company policies and practices, performance management, etc.
Team: Human Resources
Reporting Line: Head of Human Resources
Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting EUR 42,000.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job ID: TIS-HR-HRC-260722
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Human Resources Team and reporting to the Head of People and Culture, the HR Coordinator will:
- Provide guidance on human resources operational issues and initiatives to meet management needs and in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures
- To coach and support end users of the HR systems and processes, collaborating with HR Admin as necessary to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Support new hire and termination processes ensuring compliance with company requirements to include new employee orientation and on-boarding and conducting exit/stay interviews
- Assist with delivering various human resource plans and procedures, assisting in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, and ensuring effective communication of new or updated policies and procedures
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees, and team-leads, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- implement initiatives and programs to support our people strategy and core values
- Work proactively with managers to identify key drivers for turnover and poor performance
- Improve performance and organizational effectiveness by analysing department structures and evaluating options that will best meet business needs
- Monitor and support performance evaluation and employee recognition programs as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- 2-3 years of formal education (e.g. apprenticeship, vocational education) or relevant undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience including HR administration (incl. preparatory payroll) and related tasks
- In-depth knowledge of the German Labour Law, social security, payroll and related required
- Experience with international organisations and multi-cultural work environments an advantage
- Flexible and adaptable, able to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and external partners, service providers, etc.
- Professional language proficiency in both English (organisational language) as well as German essential
- Good analytical, consultation and problem solving skills with a high level of accessibility and trustworthiness
- Proactive attitude and a desire to identify and contribute to continuous improvements especially in the area of HR processes and procedures
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with HR systems/software
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high level of organisational awareness and sensitivity
- People and service-oriented attitude and intercultural awareness and respect for diversity
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via our TI website (https://www.transparency.org/en/career-tender-opportunities) clicking on the vacant position and the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 1. August 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.