ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) is currently seeking an Internal Communications Coordinator to join the Communications team. The main goal of the Internal Communications Coordinator is to deliver a unity of purpose within the TI movement that enables internal communication and coordination to achieve TI’s Strategy 2030 ambitions. The Internal Communications Coordinator drives these efforts to inform, connect and engage TI colleagues pulling in the same direction. This role oversees knowledge sharing and community building within the TI movement using our Microsoft 365 ecosystem and advises on leadership communication within the Secretariat.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Team: Communications Team
Reporting Line: Internal Communications Coordinator
Salary Band: Salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 a salary starting 42.000 EUR gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organisational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Working Hours: full time
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with no international travel
Job ID: TIS-ICC-0722
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team and reporting to the Head of Communications, the Internal Communications Coordinator will:
- Facilitate the implementation of TI’s Strategy Holding Power to Account 2021-2030 within the TI movement in close coordination with relevant internal stakeholders by developing and owning an internal communications strategy in line with TI-S broader communication, brand, and culture.
- Promote across the TI movement direct communication and content-driven discussions on the strategic goals though the dedicated platform and channels.
- Regularly assess and respond to changing needs for internal communications within the TI movement primarily, and at the TI Secretariat at key moments.
- Support the Policy Leads and the Strategy team with internal communications plans and campaigns aligned with the strategic goals.
- Advice, train and guide Yammer Communities leads in nurturing thriving online communities of interest across the global TI network.
- Deliver a regular internal newsletter to the TI movement and other periodic updates around key milestones.
- Regularly measure key channels and products and act on findings to improve the movements’ experience and communications.
- Report on performance of internal communication against goals (KPIs and ROI).
- Support internal events with internal communications, which can be digital, in-person or hybrid, such as the Movement Summit or Annual Membership Meeting
- Act as a strategic advisor for TI-S related internal communication led by the Human Resources or Executive Support Office
To succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years relevant experience in developing and managing internal communications in an international organizational context
- Degree and/or professional qualification in communications, social science, administration, journalism, economics, management, or another relevant field.
- Proven expertise in communications, knowledge management and in managing complex internal digital workplaces.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing internal communications strategies to nurture thriving online communities
- Experience in using analytics and measurement to improve internal communication channels and campaigns.
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 Suite highly desirable
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively across a wide range of stakeholders at all levels and independently.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity.
- Excellent communication skills, with business fluency in English required; an additional language, in particular French, Spanish and/or Arabic is an asset.
- Interest in anti-corruption work and commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International with a high level of motivation and drive to help build and shape the organization, structures and processes
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues who are experts in their field driven by the desire to fight corruption
- a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in an organisation with an inclusive leadership culture with regular Ask Me Anything meetings with the CEO.
- opportunities to learn and grow, including regular internal Show & Tell meetings as well as discussions with external experts and online webinars on a wide variety of topics
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application, the earliest starting date as well as salary expectations) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the Career Opportunities - Transparency.org clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is 21st August 2022
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.