The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking applicants to join its talent pool for Research Coordinators / Thematic Specialists. As Transparency International’s project portfolio is expanding, we will have opportunities for talented researchers to join our team to support the performance of new and ongoing multi-country projects focussing on anti-corruption research and advocacy.
A full-time Research Coordinator / Thematic Specialist will provide research and help lead the implementation of new and current projects, working closely with colleagues from Global Movement, Projects, Global Policy and Advocacy, Communications, Fundraising and Finance teams, as well as TI National Chapters and partner organisations.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Coordinate and contribute to the production of research products and methodologies to support the implementation of TI’s current and future projects
Team: Research and Knowledge
Reporting Line: Head of Research and Knowledge
Band: Band PF2
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years, with the option of extension
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin
Job ID: TIS-RK-RCG-09222
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Research and Knowledge Team, the Research Coordinator / Thematic Specialist will:
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of knowledge materials, tools and research methodologies to generate evidence in support of TI strategic priorities, particularly in the area of corrupt money flows and political integrity
- Produce and disseminate original materials, including the production of research briefs and the provision of on-demand research support via the Anti-Corruption Helpdesk to address the knowledge needs of the TI movement and selected stakeholders
- Coordinate with a pool of external contributors as well as a network of leading international anti-corruption experts
- Provide quality control of research project outputs and support the development of relevant knowledge materials by chapters
- Contribute to the TI research portfolio by taking part in specified aspects of research project coordination, delivery of research tools, monitoring and quality control, and the production of publications and other outreach materials
- Support the Research and Knowledge Team on the delivery of specific products and activities (such as e.g. knowledge generation and exchanges, peer to peer capacity building activities, knowledge dissemination) through background research, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, fact checking, editing, benchmarking, etc.
- Promote and disseminate TI-S’ knowledge products through various platforms, channels and outreach activities (e.g. blogs, social media, workshops and conferences).
- Generate ideas, develop concept notes/proposals, and activities that are aligned with organisational priorities.
- Contribute to day-to-day work implementation, including work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, ensuring that all phases are consistent with the design and delivery schedule and internal processes and procedures.
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the Research and Knowledge Team and other internal teams (e.g. Regional and Global Programmes, Global Movement, Fundraising, Communications, Technology), ensuring process integrity and effective cross-team collaboration
- Stay abreast of developments relating to the area of work and be available to respond to on-demand internal and external stakeholder needs
- When necessary, represent the organisation at relevant fora within area of expertise as needed; build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Research & Knowledge Team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary, including by providing administrative support, including in the organisation of events/meetings, travel, financial and donor reporting, etc.