ABOUT TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
Transparency International is a global movement with one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. With more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, we are leading the fight against corruption to turn this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator to join the Communications Team. The Communications Coordinator develops and implements communications plans and products to support and better communicate Transparency International’s mission, programmes, projects, knowledge products and policy positions. The Communications Coordinator targets a series of external audiences and stakeholders, including the organisation’s online readership and the media, and develops content that best communicates Transparency International’s messaging and positions to those audiences. This position will specifically contribute to key projects in the areas of (1) public procurement and civic oversight, (2) Civil Society space and (3) climate governance. The projects will produce and release a series of knowledge products and engage in advocacy and awareness-raising campaigns. The Communications Coordinator will coordinate the outreach capacity of TI-S and relevant national chapters and ensure that the outreach and communications objectives of the projects are met, maximising desired impact.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Communications Coordinator develops and implements communications plans and products to support and better communicate TI’s mission, programmes, projects, products and policy positions. Team: Communications
Reporting Line: Head of Communications
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: This is a maternity cover from December 2022- June 2023.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin
Job ID: TIS-COMS-CC-2021
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Communications Team and reporting to the Head of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will:
Design and coordinate the development of outreach and communication plans for assigned projects to reach communications and advocacy objectives
- Ensure the delivery of communications plans for TI knowledge products, events and other areas of work as required
- Coordinate projects-related media outreach by building media lists, drafting media advisories and press statements, responding to media calls and inquiries, pitching stories as well as preparing spokespersons for related topics and issues
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of projects-related content for all TI-S channels including website, social media, newsletters, opinion pieces and reports
- Identify and leverage communications opportunities to increase visibility and impact of related work
- Working closely with the social media manager, develop and execute social media plans and content in support of project and other priority areas
- Ensure communications deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant internal experts, where necessary
- Provide communications guidance and capacity-building support to TI-S teams and TI national chapters in the context of the assigned projects
- Coordinate and/or contribute to project-related work and provide input on the development of strategies, policies and procedures, taking into account best practices
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Communications team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
- In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field
- 5+ years of practical experience in communications, journalism or another relevant field, preferably in an international, media or campaigning organisation
- Experience in media relations and content development, including blog posts, articles, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Experience creating communications and outreach plans and ensuring their implementation
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications
- Ability to turn complex issues into persuasive social media copy
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage priorities and competing demands
- Experience in working with content management systems and HTML/CSS as well as Adobe Photoshop programmes highly desirable
- Understanding and experience of video production, including the development of scripts and working with external video production companies highly desirable
- Knowledge of analytics/measurement tools to provide reports on metrics and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English (to native speaker standard) required; additional languages an asset
- Ability to work across diverse teams and to cultivate productive working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when working remotely
- Knowledge of and considerable interest in corruption, governance and development issues and international affairs
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision- making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jour Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, including:
- a relocation package including sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‘Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application) in English via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’:
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 23rd of November 2022.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: Website: https://www.transparency.org