ABOUT TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL
Transparency International is a global movement with one vision: a world in which government, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption. With more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, we are leading the fight against corruption to turn this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Specialist for the Climate Governance Integrity Programme (more details available at https://www.transparency.org/en/projects/climate-governance-integrity-programme).
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Specialist is responsible for supporting global advocacy efforts on climate governance integrity as well as coordinating national inputs to global advocacy actions.
Salary Band: According to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF2 salary starting EUR 42,000 gross per year depending on relevant experience.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with international travel
Job ID: TIS-PA-SCGI-042023
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
The Expert, Climate Governance Integrity will:
· Contribute to the development and implementation of plans/strategies/tools in area of climate governance integrity, ensuring they meet organizational objectives.
· Produce original materials in the field of climate governance integrity and utilize these materials for the development of relevant advocacy outputs.
· Coordinate the organization of/ organize institutional events/meetings, including preparing documentation before and after events (climate COPs, meetings with GCF and others).
· Support project partners in efforts to plan advocacy interventions and communication/outreach activities and share knowledge and experience across activities.
· Support the development and implementation of the advocacy strategy to put climate governance on the global agenda as well as the specific campaigns on climate integrity.
· Ensure evidence and case studies are effectively used for advocacy and awareness raising.
· Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary.
· Generate ideas, develop concept notes/proposals, and activities that are aligned with organizational priorities.
· Stay abreast of developments relating to the area of work and be available to respond to on-demand internal and external stakeholder needs.
· When necessary, represent the organization at relevant fora within area of climate governance integrity. Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders.
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following [list requirements as per role description]:
· University degree in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field; a recognised project management certification is highly valued and a clear advantage
· 5+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of advocacy
· Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption; solid understanding of and experience in the area of climate governance
· Experience with and/or a good understanding of capacity development concepts and processes an advantage
· Experience in developing and implementing advocacy strategy
· Demonstrated past engagement in processes that resulted in, or contributed to, positive changes in local organisations an advantage
· Excellent communication and networking skills with the ability to engage multi-stakeholders, make use of prior contacts and networks, stimulate and shape partnerships, networks and coalitions
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Results orientation, resilience and tenacity with the ability to work under pressure in a collaborative setting
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent oral and written communication in English; knowledge of Spanish or French an advantage
· Strong interpersonal, team work and intercultural communication skills, particularly at distance communication
· Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
· Willingness to travel (up to approx. 20%)
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
· the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
· a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
· a dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities
· a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
· opportunities to learn and grow, including regular Show & Tell meetings and visits by external experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
· a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
· generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
· the possibility of Work from Abroad for periods of time (currently for up to 10 working days at a time for a maximum of 20 working days per calendar year), currently being piloted in an ongoing effort to increase virtualisation of work and foster highly collaborative remote work using MS Teams throughout the organisation
· Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
· selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
· free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
· a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 16.05.2023.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
To learn more about Transparency International please visit our website and follow us on social media: