ABOUT THE ROLE
National Chapters are a key component of the Transparency International movement. Chapters are staffed with local experts ideally placed to determine the priorities and approaches best suited to tackling corruption in their countries, as well as playing a crucial role in shaping our collective work and realising our regional and global goals.
Chapters are accredited according to a set of objective standards in three stages: from national contact, to national chapter in formation, and finally to fully accredited national chapter status. Fully accredited national chapters are reviewed every three years. Under the direction of the Board, the Accreditation Team at the secretariat and the board Membership Accreditation Committee (MAC) run a transparent and collaborative accreditation process to ensure that chapters continue to uphold the values and principles of the movement. The accreditation review process aims to both protect the integrity, cohesion and reputation of Transparency International, as well as strengthen and support the national chapters of the movement.
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking an Accreditation Associate to join the Governance and Legal Team. The Accreditation Team at the secretariat is responsible for managing the accreditation process and coordinating with key stakeholders to collect and analyse information on each chapter’s organisational governance and accountability systems, independence, sustainability and risk management, as well as strategic relevance and engagement.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: The Accreditation Associate supports the coordination of work and information flow between the accreditation function and other stakeholders involved in accreditation processes ensuring process integrity and is responsible for the delivery of specific products through background research, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, and fact checking.
Team: Governance and Legal
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years. There is a prospect of extension subject to organizational need continuing, performance proven and funding confirmed and there is interest in a stable and long-term cooperation.
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 a salary starting EUR 33,500.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Job ID: TIS-GLT-AA-2021
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Governance and Legal Team, the Accreditation Associate will:
- Provide assistance to the Accreditation Lead in the management of accreditation review calendar, the preparation of MAC [Membership Accreditation Committee] meetings and provide timely follow-up to accreditation decisions
- Support the accreditation function with the delivery of specific written reports through background research, quantitative/qualitative data analysis and fact checking
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the accreditation function and other stakeholders involved in accreditation processes, ensuring process integrity and timeliness
- Maintain the archive of accreditation questionnaires and related documentation
- Contribute to the constant improvement of TI’s processes and procedures on accreditation
- Respond to requests for information, researching in order to provide sufficient responses or escalating where needed; support colleagues of various teams in the TI Secretariat in accreditation related matters
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Accreditation Team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree or professional qualification in social sciences, administration, management, or other relevant fields
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience with an international organization working on project management, business administration or related
- Expertise in good governance, compliance, and monitoring and evaluation a strong advantage
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
- Sound understanding of the realities faced by the constituents of a global movement and of accreditation processes
- Knowledge of organizational and capacity development an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and competing demands
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to produce accurate documentation (e.g. reports) with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, particularly at distance communication
- Professional language proficiency in English required; additional languages (Spanish, French and/or Arabic) an asset
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- organisational access to the employee assistance programme PME offering support in various areas
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application) in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online application system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 18 April 2021.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.