ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transparency International Secretariat is currently seeking a Project Associate to join the Regional and Global Programmes Team. The role will focus on supporting the team to implement the TI Indo Pacific Partnership STRONGG Programme 2020 – 23 and/or other projects.
The TI IPP STRONGG Programme is a four-year programme funded by DFAT/MFAT and running until December 2023, seeking to contribute to policy and behaviour change in the Asia Pacific region through both regional and national interventions coordinated at the TI Secretariat. It aims to support a strong anti-corruption civil society voice across the region, focusing on encouraging informed, engaged and active people and communities against corruption; responsive and accountable government institutions; and strong, independent and active TI anti-corruption voice in the region. At national level, the programme is implemented through the contribution of TI chapters and partners, who have designed multi-year projects contributing to the regional objectives. At regional level, TI-S provides support to national chapters, organises capacity development initiatives and exchanges, as well as conducts regional advocacy on priority issues. For the TI IPP STRONGG Programme, the Project Associate will work closely with the Asia Pacific team members in both the Regional and Global Programmes Team and the Global Movement Team to deliver on an exciting programme of work to support anti-corruption in the Asia Pacific region.
OVERVIEW OF KEY DIMENSIONS
Role Purpose: Project administration support for the implementation of TI’s IPP STRONGG Programme and/or other projects.
Team: Regional and Global Programmes
Reporting Line: (interim) Head of Regional and Global Programmes
Salary Band: salary according to TI-S internal salary structure; for this position corresponding to band PF1 a salary starting EUR 33,500.00 gross per year depending on relevant experience
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Contract Duration: Currently we can offer an employment contract limited for a duration of 2 years.
Working Hours: full time [100%; 40 hours per week]
Location: Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin – with occasional international travel as needed
Job ID: TIS-RGPT-PAAP-0321
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Based in the Regional and Global Programmes Team, the Project Associate will:
- Proactively support day-to-day project implementation and ensure consistency with TI-S processes and procedures
- Support the organization of events/meetings and related logistics; contribute to appropriate information management including preparing documentation before and after events
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between the IPP STRONGG Programme and/or other projects and other internal teams (e.g. Finance, Communications, Governance and Legal) ensuring process integrity, as well as coordinating regular updates within the Regional and Global Programmes Team
- Support the preparation of programme outputs, including narrative/accountability reports, trainings, events, presentations, publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
- Support information management, including maintaining up to date, organized and accurate filing systems and contact lists
- Support financial administration of the programme (monitoring budgets, contracting support, organising funding transfers, reimbursements, invoices etc.)
- Respond to requests for information, researching in order to provide sufficient responses or escalating where needed
- Carry out desk research on specific topics to provide input supporting the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, reports, etc.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Regional and Global Programmes Team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree in social sciences, administration, journalism, economics, management, or another relevant field
- 2+ years of relevant experience - preferably with an International NGO or International Organisation - working on administrative support, project management or related
- Experience in organizing events with diverse international partners required
- Solid understanding of budget/financial management processes (working in collaboration with Project Accountants)
- Experience with donor funded projects in the civil society field a strong advantage
- Experience and understanding of Asia Pacific context an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills; professional language proficiency in English, additional Asian languages an asset
- Strong IT literacy, in particular MS Excel
- Demonstrated interest in good governance and corruption related issues and advocacy
- Commitment to the values and principles of Transparency International
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining the Transparency International Secretariat candidates can expect:
- the opportunity to become part of the global movement against corruption and make a positive contribution to the work of TI in the field of transparency and accountability working on a wide range of relevant and challenging issues
- a role with purpose, working in a team of engaged and enthusiastic colleagues experts in the field of anti-corruption and driven and united by the desire to fight corruption and achieve significant and large-scale replicable impact
- an inspiring, stimulating, dynamic, flexible and international working environment with peers representing 45+ different nationalities and Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to work
- a high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a lean and agile organisation with flat hierarchies, streamlined decision-making processes and a shared leadership culture with servant leadership philosophy
- ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual team training allowances to onsite professional development opportunities, including regular Show & Tell meetings, Jours Fixes/Flexes and brown bag lunches with visiting experts
Staff at TI-S enjoy a competitive compensation & benefits package designed for staff well-being and work life balance, incl.:
- a relocation package incl. sponsorship of work permit if needed and financial contribution to German language classes
- generous time off with 30 days of annual leave per year and flexible working times around core hours
- organisational access to the employee assistance programme PME offering support in various areas
- Sodexo Restaurant Checks with plenty of options nearby the office for reduced prices for meals
- selection of fruits and hot drinks, summer and winter parties, and ‚Social Fridays’ with complimentary snacks and drinks
- free health sessions (e.g. back pain prevention) as well as reduced membership fees with Urban Sports Club
- a centrally located office in a vibrant metropolitan city with excellent public transportation connectivity at the river Spree
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter in English, merged into one PDF file, via the online recruitment system clicking on the button ‘Apply Online’.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 21 April 2021.
Only applications duly completed and received through the online recruitment system will be considered.
The Transparency International Secretariat is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and where there is equality of opportunity. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and therefore welcome applications from qualified candidates of all regions, countries, cultures and backgrounds. Existing permission to work in Germany is not a selection criterion and TI-S supports successful candidates in the process for applying for a work permit, if needed. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression or sexual orientation, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.
Please note that Transparency International does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment and selection process (whether at application, processing, testing, interviewing, traveling or otherwise). In addition, TI does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.